Feb 13 2019
God named Ishmael ‘God hears’ before he was born. Years later, God heard Ishmael’s cry when he was perishing in the wilderness and opened his mother’s eyes to see a spring of water from which she gave him drink – and he lived!
Islam claims Ishmael as a spiritual forefather. Today’s
Muslims are in the wilderness perishing and crying out for living water. Let the Church pray to the Father to reveal the well of living water, Jesus, so they might live!
As you read the portion of Jesus’ “High Priestly Prayer” where He prays for you and me, let the abundance of personal pronouns (Me, You, We, Us) help you sense the intimacy of His communion with the Father: “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word, that they may all be one, just as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. The glory that You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one even as We are one, I in them and You in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that You sent Me and loved them even as You loved Me” (Jn 17:20-23).
Now let’s bring the third Person of the Trinity into this prayer: “He who is joined to the Lord becomes one Spirit with Him” (1 Co 6:17). Selah (Think on that).
Now go back and reread both passages, noticing the occurrence of the word, “one.” What could it possibly mean to be “one” with the Ancient of Days, the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty? Surely this extreme grace is far beyond what we would think to ask of God or even imagine! It takes FATHER GOD’S LOVE to conceive, let alone enable, including us IN HIM. Having made us in His image, He is steadfastly faithful to His creation.
No wonder Muslims don’t believe this Gospel. It seems too good to be true. The changeable, punitive, vengeful god of Islam–hating those who don’t submit to him and unable to love those who do–is more comprehensible (as if he were made in our image). Knowing what the god of Islam is like should motivate our hearts to woo Muslims with the Father’s love into oneness with Him.
And that is the purpose of this perfect oneness: “So that the world may know that You sent Me and loved them even as You loved Me.” We can have absolute certainty the Father will answer His Son’s prayer to make us one with Him. On a prayer call today, someone said, “Oneness is deeper than unity. Unity is all the potatoes in one bowl. Oneness is mashed potatoes.”
There is so much love within the Godhead that we are swept up and carried along in its overflow.
- Praise Father, Son and Holy Spirit, from whom all blessings flow.
- Pray for increased revelation of what oneness with the Godhead means for individual believers and for the Body of Christ.
- Pray for overflow of God’s love through believers to more of “those who will believe in [Jesus].”
- Thank God the Father in advance for answering Jesus’ prayer to be known as the One He sent into the world for the sake of love.
The Godhead purposed for Jesus to take our penalty upon Himself, die for our sin and rise to life again.
- By faith, speak “Go!” to angel armies to reveal the truth about Jesus’ redemptive death to Muslims during PASSOVER season. (See GHPL Jan 30)
- By faith, declare that during RAMADAN, Muslims will know their works are useless and seek God’s true solution for their salvation and eternal life.
- Proclaim, according to God’s promise, that when God’s Spirit is poured out on all flesh at PENTECOST, “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Ac 2:17, 21), even a great harvest of Muslims.
The comment feature is locked by administrator.